What is a VPN-The following is a complete explanation of what a VPN is, how it works and the benefits of a VPN
VPN, which stands for Virtual Private Network, VPN is a private (private) connection that passes through a public network. From these three words, the meaning of VPN can be described as follows.
- Virtual = unreal, virtual, unreal things.
- Network = Network connections that are interconnected.
- Private = This means that it is private, not just anyone can access it and the data to be encrypted will be kept confidential from the public network
So we can conclude that a VPN is a network that occurs virtually without any real encrypted connection.
With the VPN we seem to have created a network within the network itself but virtual. This is also called a tunnel, tunneling itself is the process of creating a private path using third party infrastructure. VPN uses three tunneling technologies, namely L2TP, PPTP, IPSec (Internet Protocol Security). With a combination of tunneling and encryption you become a VPN.
HOW VPN WORKS
After we reviewed the definition or understanding of what a VPN is , it’s not complete if we learn to understand how a VPN works. In simple terms, how a VPN (with the PPTP protocol) works can be described as follows:
- VPN requires a server that functions as a liaison between PCs, this VPN server can be a computer with a VPN Server application or a router, for example the MikroTik RB 750.
- To start a connection, the computer with the VPN Client application contacts the VPN Server, VPN Server then verifies the username and password and if successful, the VPN Server gives a new IP address to the client computer and then a connection / tunnel will be formed.
- Henceforth, the client computer can be used to access various resources (computers or LANs) behind the VPN Server, for example, transferring data, printing documents, browsing with the gateway provided from the VPN Server, doing remote desktops and so on.
VPN BENEFITS AND USES:
One of the benefits of a VPN is replacing your Real IP With One Anonymous IP.
When VPNs were first designed, the first objective of the invention was to create a tunnel between remote computers for remote access. And, it was achieved. But then, VPNs are more often used to switch between different IP locations. Until recently, the first goal of a VPN was to protect the real IP of the user hiding it with one of the servers itself.
In simple words,when we connect to a VPN, our IP address (given by the Internet Service Provider) is replaced by one of the VPN server IPs. For example, if your ISP is assigned to London (because you are in London) 188.8.131.52 and when you connect to a USA server via VPN your IP will change to 2.354.452.2. This method not only can access blocked sites from the USA, but your real IP will remain anonymous and even your ISP can track your online traces. Also read: VPN types OTHER BENEFITS of VPNs: Actually, from the understanding of VPN above, at least we understand the benefits or uses of VPNs. To clarify, here we describe the benefits of a VPN ( Virtual Private Network)
more complete as follows:
- The ability to form a LAN network that is not limited by place and time, because the connection is done via the internet. Any internet connection can be used such as Dial-Up, ADSL, Cable Modem, WIFI, 3G, CDMA Net, GPRS, &. This PVN system is most appropriate for the use of a centralized database to communicate between servers and clients via the internet such as Trading Applications, Purchase, POS, Accounting, Cashir, Billing systems, General Ledger, etc.
- There is no dependence on having to have a Public IP which is expensive. Just use a dynamic IP, in other words as long as your PC can surf the internet. You can print from home to your office via the internet, you can transfer data or remote view to control your home / office computer anywhere
- No need for additional equipment / hardware that functions as an IP forwarder / Port Forwader which adds to your investment.
- Wherever you are like you are in an internet cafe or when you are traveling abroad, you can connect with a PC at your office, for example by using software that works on LAN networks such as Citrix, Windows Terminal Server 2003, VNC, Radmin, VOIP, etc.
- By using software that works on the LAN network you can exchange data directly, Printing, Remote Viewing, Managing your PC administration, all of which can be done wherever you are as long as you can connect to the internet
- Can access blocked access
- Surf safely when on public internet access / hotspots
- If companies want to optimize costs to build their wide network. Therefore, VPN can be used as an alternative technology to connect large local networks at a relatively small cost, because VPN technology data transmission uses existing public network media.
- The reach of a company’s local network will be wide, so that the company can develop its business in other areas. The time needed to connect the local network to other places is also getting faster, because the network infrastructure installation process is carried out from the company / new branch office with the closest ISP in the area. the use of VPN will indirectly increase the effectiveness and efficiency of work.
- the use of a VPN can reduce operational costs when compared to the use of leased lines as the traditional way of implementing a WAN.
- VPN can reduce network creation costs because it does not require long cables (leased lines). The use of a long cable will require a very large production cost. The farther the distance desired, the higher the production cost.
- VPN uses the internet as a medium of communication. The company only requires a relatively small amount of money to connect the company to the nearest ISP (internet service provider).
- VPN makes it easy to access from anywhere, because VPN is connected to the internet. So that mobile employees can access company-specific networks wherever they are. As long as he / she can get access to the internet to the nearest ISP, the employee can still connect to the company’s special network
Click On The Above Download Button To Download File.
Check The File Size From The Above Info Section Before Downloading.
Comment Your Queries And Requests Below In The Comment Box.
If You Find Any Broken Link Then Report To Us.